Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cookies

Our first time making cookies together!!! Claire is a month old and thanks to the pacifier she'll put up with the sling.


I'm stuck on this Mrs. (Wing)Fields Cookie recipe:

1 lb. real butter
2 c. white sugar
2 c. brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 c. oatmeal, blended 1 c. at a time until powdery (but that takes too much time for me)
2 tsp. soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
4 c. flour
up to 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips (I just use whatever chips I have on hand)
3 large Hershey bars chopped or grated (I skip these to make it easy)
3 c. nuts (Rich requests no nuts)

Bake at 375 degrees for 8-12 minutes.

Our favorite is eating raw cookie dough with lots of milk. When baking I always use a small 2 tsp. cookie scoop to make uniform cookies. I like to freeze cookie dough balls so I can bake a few at a time too.

No comments: