Saturday, November 29, 2008

Helping with a smile

Claire helped me make homemade dinner rolls for Thanksgiving dinner.  





We spent Thanksgiving in the Tri-Cities with both sides of Rich's family.  This trip we spent alternating days with different parts of the family, which was much more pleasant than trying to see everyone a little each day.  Rich went pheasant hunting with his friend Matt and he also did the annual GABDATTS with his dad and all his dad's buddies.  GABDATTS stands for Guns and Beer Day After Thanksgiving Turkey Shoot - minus the beer for Rich.  I know, what a stupid combination of activities!  I told Rich he MUST be the designated driver and I was relieved when he was home.  I've gone to the GABDATTS and shot clay pigeons before, but according to Rich I've turned into an old lady and don't do such things anymore.  (Plus, it's cold outside.)    

For at least a month prior, I geared myself up to be ready to leave Claire with a babysitter.  We left her with each grandma for about an hour while I got my first pedicure and while Rich & I went on a date.  I teared up both times I left Claire, but Rich & I had so much fun on our dinner date.  Here we are, and I'm thinking we need to find some new poses for taking our picture together.  

No comments: