Wednesday, July 25, 2012

May 2011

The month's activities: I got to hear legendary midwife Ina May Gaskin give a lecture on the medicalization of birth and a call for the importance of midwifery.  I tried a fun Zumba class, which was a real workout.  I potted plants for a plant sale and worked 2 garage sales as fundraisers for American Cancer Society's Relay for Life.  It was a little much for me and I promptly quit the team before the relay even took place.  Rich and I were invited by his boss-boss to attend a cooking class at Bastyr University, where we speed-cooked several whole foods recipes.  The food was great and it was fun to cook in a professional kitchen, though the pace was pretty stressful and we had to do our own dishes at the end of the night.  I'm pretty sure I'm not cut out to be a chef.  The teacher is the head of this "show" http://www.cookusinterruptus.com/ and wrote the cookbook, "Feeding the Whole Family". 

Together!


Daddy is SO funny. 

 Bedtime stories.

How can he be so pretty?!

Our last visit with Grandpa Ace.  Claire wrote a letter to her great-grandpa.  Coming from her, I'm sure it was as sweet as can be.

On a rough day I took the kids for a drive until they both fell asleep and I found this beautiful view to sit before and read my book.  It was so rejuvenating!

Silly faces.

Flower power.


Check out Gavin's scrunchy nose.  He does that when he's nursing and I love it!  Both my kids liked swings the first few times as babies, but now scream anytime we try.  (As I'm writing this, Claire who's now 4, just today went on the swing and tolerated 2 gentle pushes at a time, so maybe when Gavin is 4 he'll like it again too.)

A little Mommy.





Living room picnics are pretty great.

No comments: