Rich's good friend, Shayne from MN, invited us to camp with his family at Mt. Rainier. After much convincing, I agreed to give it a try. I'm always dreading camping due to my history of freezing all night long and I was really worried about taking a baby along to freeze all night. But, I've got a good sleeping bag and used a little heat pack inside of it. We bundled Claire up so much that she couldn't move and she slept in Rich's sleeping bag while he stayed awake the whole night trying not to squish her. We had a good time talking around the campfire and the next day Rich & I went hiking to a waterfall. It did me in - I was taking embarassingly small steps by the end of the hike. Good thing Rich insisted on carrying Claire. Camping with a baby was a success, but she cried the whole drive home. 12 weeks old.





No comments:
Post a Comment