Sunday, August 17, 2008

A week full of friends (half of them named Amy)

I've had a busy week.  I had my Bible Study Lunch on the beach (with Amy, Tascha, Christine, & Kara), a visit from Amy (dancer friend who lives in CA), a visit to Amy (my friend with the toddler and twins), a ballet class (yikes - I'm not talking about that), a birthday party, a church picnic, a couple's dinner & Wii night with Christine & Josh, and a visit from our old friends from downtown SLC, Dave & Anissa.  What a fun week!  
We have so many fond memories of Dave & Anissa, a lot of them laughing about our time in the crazy SLC 13th Ward.  Anissa is quite the hostess and we enjoyed many meals at their apartment.  Anissa & I were in a book group together, we joined them for Thanksgiving dinner one year, and we met them for a weekend stay in their family's cabin near Sundance.  It was fun to find out that our families go way back - when my mom was a young girl she & my grandmother stayed with Dave's relatives in one of their mountain cabins.  We've been able to see each other every few years: when I took the $10 bus that connects NYC's Chinatown to Boston's Chinatown as well as a couple visits when they lived in Oregon.  This visit was different for us.  I suddenly felt like my parents - we were having a great time talking, all the while wrangling our kids and trying to hear each other over Claire's crying.  I'm curious what our next visit will be like.         

No comments: