I didn't want Claire to eat a normal sugary cake (*no sugar until 2), so I made a layered Lemon Cake with plain yogurt as the frosting and covered it with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries. At least the yogurt and berries would be healthy. It looks huge in the pictures, but it was really small, served on a teacup saucer. Claire was fading fast by the time she was ready to eat the cake, and we forgot to put a candle on it. But, I think she liked tasting something new.

Here's a funny moment caught on video. This doesn't show us singing Happy Birthday to her, her trying to eat the plate, and her looking over the side of the highchair at the huge chunks of cake that had fallen to the floor. It was all cute.
*No sugar until 2, well, she's had mango lassi, mango sticky rice, a tiny bit of syrup, some of Rich's sugary Oh's cereal, and I think I remember a bite of cookie dough because she was really begging.
1 comment:
that's so funny and cute! even spatzle watched it. :)
Post a Comment