Monday, February 1, 2010

The heat of summer

I was home for a day, then we headed off to see my in-laws again and to see one of Rich's best friends (Shayne & Lisa) who were visiting their hometown. My highlight of the trip was going wakeboarding - and I actually got up! Woohoo.

A sunset during our drive.

We sweated out the rest of July & August in our un-air-conditioned house. Wading pools are the BEST. We also enjoyed meeting friends for walks, going to the library for storytimes, meeting other moms at various parks for playgroups, a BBQ at the beach, and a potluck at a lake.

Claire's "baba" with the string wrapped around her leg.

It's so hard when the rings don't go on the stacking toy.

Good thing, breakdowns don't last very long.


Dipping Claire in the lake.

After a cool bath, Claire sports Grandpa K-Lynn's hair (especially on a windy day). :)

Lots of diaper-only time.

Some of the other moms from playgroup. Ketsy, Anna, Jill, Khadija & I.

Rich & I were practically forced to leave Claire home with my friend Ketsy, so we could go out on a date. It was wonderful. I surprised Rich by taking him to see Star Trek at the local theater and afterwards we strolled the dark neighborhood sidewalk, stealing kisses. Thanks, Ketsy!

1 comment:

Ketsy said...

This picture is making me anxious for warm summer days at the park. Counting down!
I think I need to twist your arm again soon...