Sunday, May 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Season

Making my first pumpkin pie was quite the process. Day 1 was boiling and pureeing the pumpkins. Day 2 was finding I didn't have enough flours to make a gluten free flour blend. Day 3 was making the graham crackers to make the crust. Day 4 was finally putting it all together. I ended up making a refrigerated recipe this time. It was yummy.


We went to the Tri-Cities for Thanksgiving. I made the yummiest cornbread dressing and a baked pumpkin pie this time. http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2008/11/maple-roasted-acorn-squash-and.html We had dinner at Rich's grandpa's house, and then 3 nights of leftovers there too. A little much for me, but Rich is too nice to decline an invitation.



Great-grandpa with great-grandkids.

Grandma and Claire.

Claire with some of her cousins.



We had a busy weekend in addition to those 4 meals at Rich's grandpa's house. We had 2 breakfasts in one day (with different sides of Rich's family), another visit to his grandma, shopping for me, Rich hunting with an old friend, Rich in the annual GABDATTS (Guns and Beer Day After Thanksgiving Turkey Shoot) minus the beer. Yes, I fear for him when he goes.

4 comments:

Christine said...

I've never heard of that day after thanksgiving event-sounds crazy!

Maggie and Lance said...

Hey, don't complain too much about Thanksgiving leftovers... that's been my LIFE for 24 years! Haha! Looks like Claire had fun, wish we could have been there too!

Cali said...

Your pie looks amazing--completely from scratch? Wow, you're amazing! What kind of pumpkins did you use?

Eileen said...

Cali, I think they were called sugar pumpkins. I got them at a pumpkin patch, so the farmers told me which were best for making pies. The pumpkin puree seemed to freeze well until I was able to put the pies together.