Sunday, January 18, 2009

8 months old

8 months old and playing with mommy's make-up.  A few days later she needed concealor for her bruised forehead.  Her first bruise came at 6 months when she was leaning on a stool getting ready to suck on the edge of it.  Her feet slipped out from under her and she ended up falling with her mouth open against the sharp edge.  She had a purple line from her lips across her cheek.  Ouch.  
So, Rich is playing bass guitar in a band called The Commonauts.  The lead singer was part of this band back in his younger days, and after a hiatus from the music scene he got together a group of guys from church and formed the band.  Rich is thrilled and I'm so glad that he has something that he can do, just for him.  Woooooo.  
I had a fun week: took a walk every day (library, beach, friend's houses), shopped at Anthropologie, went to a RS activity, learned to play gin rummy, and Rich & I started Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University.  All good, right?  Almost.  I didn't get enough sleep and I was in a lot of pain, still not feeling healed from Claire's birth.  So, I had a meltdown trying to get ready for church Sunday morning.  Ahhh.  A good, long cry on the phone with my sister helped me recoup.




No comments: