Saturday, January 3, 2009

Spa Day

To experience a fresh start to the new year I got together with my lunch group and after enjoying our usual lunch of yummy food and great conversation I dropped Claire off at Rich's work and met up with some of my lunch group friends at a women-only spa.  Christine, Tascha, Karen, and Kara were there.  It was perfect and I think we'll need to have a repeat soon.  There weren't many other women there, so we pretty much got to gab privately in the hottub.  There was also a dry sauna and a lavendar steam room.  I love lavendar.  After I couldn't take any more heat I shocked my body under the cold-splash pull.  It was easy to pull, but apparantly not as easy to turn off.  Brrrr.  It was different to be hanging out with my friends while we were all topless and some bottomless, even though we're dancers and we've all changed in front of each other.  Being comfortable enough to be nekked around each other added to how nurturing the day felt.  It was really so nice & relaxing.  My favorite quote from spa day was uttered by Karen as she first stepped into the hottub.  She smiled and said, "WOW...............2009 is awesome."   You probably had to be there to think it was as funny as we all did.  Yes, 2009 is awesome.

This week I also got together with Christine to get make-overs at the Clinique counter.  Back when my friend did my hair & make-up for the Messiah choir concert, I realized that my foundation was from back when I was in college.  Hello, 7 years old.  So, time for some make-up.  I didn't end up getting foundation, but I got some much needed concealer for these tired eyes.  I also bought some purple eyeshadow, plum eyeliner, and nude lipgloss.  Wow, something different than brown eyeshadow.  It's about time.  While there Christine and I decided to buy one of the promotional goodie bags and split the contents between us.  I guess we miscommunicated who was going to buy the bag and who was going to pay the other person.  We sat down at the mall play area to divide the goods and we were confused that we had 2 goodie bags.  We felt silly returning one of them 15 minutes after we bought it, but oh well.  Yay for new make-up.  Now, I need to actually wear it!!  It will be a challenge when every other day I'm hoping to get out of my lounge clothes by noon (or at all).  As I write this post just before bedtime, I'm still in today's lounge clothes.  Why is taking care of a baby so hard?          

No comments: