Thursday, May 31, 2012

Gavin's Baby Blessing

Baby blessings are so special.  I love hearing Rich speak with the Spirit and the power of the Priesthood and blessing our brand-new babies with blessings that our loving Heavenly Father wants for them.  Gavin's blessing was no exception - it was beautiful!  Like Claire's baby blessing, it was more about his essence than about specific accomplishments.  (That is so Rich and I, by the way.)

Gavin was blessed with the following:  a strength to his character, clarity to see his path in life and what it should be and to have the determination to follow it without hesitation, to continue to develop the characteristics that we see in him so far: peace, happiness, and general connectedness with others, to have peace and calm in stressful situations, to see clearly right and wrong, that he will be a joy to all those he comes in contact with, that he will be blessed in his ability to find friends and relationships that strengthen him and that he in turn will strengthen those he comes in contact with.


Looking back, I feel a little bad that we didn't dress Gavin in white.  I should have asked to borrow an outfit from friends.  Still, what a handsome little man!  


With Uncle Todd.

With cousin K.

It happened to be C's birthday, so I whipped up some cupcakes.

Sleeping with Laura, the happy Grandma.

No comments: