We took a boat to the city to go shopping for clothes that will fit my new Girls. While there we ate sushi. Rich goes all out with sushi. Mine was vegetarian. Yum.


We're really trying to avoid watching tv in front of Claire. We noticed that she was craning her neck to look at it if it was on. I've cut way back and rarely turn it on during the daytime. Yay. In place of tv, Claire is aware of the computer.
Also, I've become super sensitive to violence and so I asked Rich to stop watching one show all together and another he has to watch on the internet with earphones. Rich thinks I've turned into an old lady and he has an old lady voice for me where he'll say things like, "Oh dear.....oh my.....so violent.....heavens to Betsy" I recently read a book about cutting out tv that I really recommend called "Living Outside the Box: TV-free families share their secrets". Easy read and motivating. There is so much life to be lived and relaxation to be found in other activities. Here's to new habits.


1 comment:
My coworker from the Bay Area, who is a retired dancer, knows all the Sushi names. I like most of them, but not the eel. Rich knows what is good.
Becky was really sensitive to violence too. It must be a mother bear protective instinct.
Post a Comment